4/27/14

sunday music

Grey's Anatomy is currently featuring covers of 80s music, and I have to say some of them are incredibly well-done renditions - modern, fresh, but still retains the flavor (and nostalgia) of the original. Please take a moment and listen to them. I swear it's worth it. 

1. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Jill Andrews - Who doesn't like this song? Let me rephrase that. Who doesn't like to "sing" this song? The coda (mark 3:00) hits just the right music G-spot. I die! I'm so looking forward to Jill Andrews' album.

2. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Sleeping at Last - It doesn't hurt to have seconds, right? This one makes me forget that this song was sung by Bonnie Tyler. It reminds me of the Bon Iver era, which is like right now! Still very good!

3. We Built This City by Aron Wright and Jill Andrews - Remember this song? One of those old, upbeat songs that everybody knows; this time in a slower, more melancholic take. It makes Sunday music slightly more elevated. Pinakikinggan ko to habang naglilinis, nagtutupi, Sunday eh... And I'm smiling through and through.

4. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic by Sleeping at Last - I don't have anything else to say but just "sweet." Such a sweet version. Sting will be proud if I say so myself.

5. Time After Time by The Wind and The Wave - Oh Cyndi! When I heard this version, it reminds me of Nouvelle Vague's delicate vocals. It's a beautiful cover of a song that's been covered a gazillion times.

No comments:

Post a Comment