1/25/15

5 things - January 25


1. This is going to be hard because I don't really have 5 things in my mind right now. Geez the past week has been so mundane. Don't get me wrong, I actually LOVE that it's so mundane. I love the familiarity of a routine. That sounds really bad but I can't deny there's a calming quality to it, the kind of steady rhythm that's good for anxious people like me. So I'm thankful for that. 

2. I bought silk pajamas as a gift for myself. I've always wanted to sleep elegantly. How do I explain this without sounding like a very shallow person. It's been a small dream of mine to sleep in beautiful nightwear on a cool bed with calming scents wafting through my entire bedroom. It's kind of silly and pretentious but it's one of those things that brings so much personal happiness. I recreated this night routine where I take a hot shower (okay hot pail of water), afterwhich I put on my silk pajamas and lavish my face with moisturizer. I'll drink a glass of wine and read a book until I feel sleepy. It doesn't take that long for me to feel sleepy once I read. I swear doing all this pretentious stuff is one hell of a stress reliever. 

3. Dancing in my underwear is another thing I'm into. Every one should try it at. Heck every one should do it more often. I know I will. 

4. Finally got to watch Frances Ha. Overall it's a great movie. It's about a 27-year-old woman who's still trying to get her shit together. The ups and downs of late twenty-somethings - trying to find your place, struggling to get your dream job, dealing with your relationships (especially female friendships and romantic ones) - were all presented in a rough-around-the-edges kind of way. It makes my heart ache a little because Frances' issues hit too close to home but it's so evident that people my age really need to grow a pair and just start acting responsibly regardless of how hard it might be. There were scenes, such as this, where I was laughing and cringing at the same time. Such great great writing, acting, and directing. It's rare to capture a flawless awkward scene and evoke such empathy and sadness (not to mention hilarity) from its viewers. I liked it a lot.

5. I'm brainstorming for ideas these days. I can't say much because I'm shy about it but it's something I'm really excited about. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

Till next week! :) God I need to do more stuff so that I can fill the pages of these "5 things." I might enroll in a pole dancing class or something just so this - whatever this is - thing will be a lot more interesting than it is now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment